The next time you prepare a delicious seafood main course try this cauliflower salad as a side dish. This dish is the perfectly balanced between savory and creamy flavors.
For The Cauliflower
- 500 g cauliflower florets
- olive oil for drizzling
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1-2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- pinch of cayenne pepper
For the Creamy Feta
- 250 g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup crème fraiche or sour cream
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp water
Preparing the creamy feta
- To make the creamy whipped feta, place the feta, crème fraiche and garlic in a blender or food processor until chunky.
- Add the lemon juice (start with 1 tablespoon, then add more to taste), olive oil and water and blend until smooth and whippy. If it's too thick, add a touch more water. Season with a few good turns of black pepper and a touch of salt, if needed
Preparing the cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower florets into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a chargrill pan until hot. Add the cauliflower to the pan and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes , turning often until the cauliflower is tender and charred.
- Remove from heat and season well with more salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spread the whipped feta onto a serving plate and top with cauliflower, pine nuts, parsley and a pinch of cayenne pepper.