Delicious Fish Stew
This delicious fish stew is a combination of earthy flavors and rich tomato. A light meal that is quick and easy to whip up and can be customized easily according to preference.
- ¼ cup(60ml) canola oil. (adjust with more or less)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) minced ginger.
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 -1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 227grams pureed tomato
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 teaspoon chicken stock powder optional
- 1.4kg white fish cut up in steaks
- 1 medium bell pepper sliced
- 7 -8 basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- salt to taste
Preparing the Salad
Wash the fish carefully, drain, and pat dry with paper towels or a clean towel.
Heat the oil in the medium saucepan; add the onion , sauté for about a minute.
Then add minced garlic, ginger, thyme, paprika and curry powder .Sauté for about 2 minutes.
Pour tomato sauce, white pepper and chicken stock powder. Stir for about a minute and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes. Add about 3 cups of water season with salt according to preference and stir .
Add fish steaks, bell pepper and basil; one at a time. Simmer until the fish is flaky and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Adjust thickness of soup with water , salt and more spices. Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm
Serve over whole wheat couscous or white rice
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*