In the mood for a delicious potjie? Try this exotic and delicious Crayfish potjie recipe
4 whole crayfish, cooked
3 large onions, chopped
1 each green, red and yellow pepper, chopped
250 g bacon, chopped
Spices for fish, to taste
1 tbs curry paste
1 tin coconut cream
375 ml boiling water
1 chicken stock cube
3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
Salt and pepper to taste
1 glass dry white wine
- Remove the crayfish meat from the carapace and legs, devein the tail and chop the meat into chunks.
- Add oil to the pot and braise the onion, garlic and bacon.
- Add the potatoes, peppers and curry paste.
- Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water and add to the pot.
- Cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the crayfish meat, coconut cream and wine to the pot and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with savoury rice and a crisp green salad.