Light and Delicious Apple Spinach Salad
This delicious salad is probably one of my recent favorites. It’s the perfect mix between sweet and savory ingredients that makes it a match made in heaven for any red meat or even roasted chicken.
For the Salad
- 250g baby spinach
- 2 large apples, cored and thinly sliced (I would recommend using 1 Granny Smith and 1 Gala apple)
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts/pecans, toasted and lightly chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 100g goat cheese, crumbled
For the Homemade Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- a generous pinch of salt and black pepper
- (optional) 1 tablespoon honey
Preparing the Salad
Making the Salad:
- Add spinach, apples, red onion, walnuts, dried cranberries, and half of the goat cheese to a large bowl. Drizzle with the vinaigrette, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with the remaining goat cheese.
Making the Vinaigrette:
Add all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk to combine. Or, add all ingredients to a mason jar, cover, and shake to combine.
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*