This is a modern and delicious twist on 'pap en sous'. The topping options are endless. Prepare the baby marrows and brinjals on the braai while the polenta bakes so that they are ready to go on top as soon as the polenta has cooled.
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- 1 1/2 cups instant polenta
- 100 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Jar (130g) basil pesto
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 10 baby marrows, sliced lengthways and braaied over coals
- 15 slices brinjal, braaied over coals
- 15 pitted kalamata olives
- 15 strips charred or pickled sweet peppers
- 10 roasted tomatoes
- 5 sundried tomaties, halved
- 5 pieces bocconcini, torn
- Fresh basil leaves to garnish
Preheat the oven to 200°C
Grease a 27 cm loose-bottomed quiche pan.
Place the stock and water in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the polenta while whisking constantly.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes until thickened. Add the parmesan, thyme and seasoning and stir while on the heat until well combined. Pour into the quiche pan and bake for 25 minutes until slightly crisp on top.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan.
Carefully remove the tart from the pan, place on a serving platter and spread the top with the pesto.
Arrange the rest of the ingredients on top of the tart and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately
- Amount per serving
- % Daily Value*