The time for picnics have arrived and this is the perfect dish for a beach picnic!
450 g fresh spinach,washed
2 jumbo eggs, separated
1 Tub salmon cream cheese and some smoked salmon strips
Freshly ground nutmeg, black pepper and salt to taste
- Line a swiss roll tin with non-stick baking parchment
- Cook the spinach in the microwave oven for 4 minutes on high and refresh under cold running water. Put the cooked spinach in a clean dishcloth and wring all the water. Chop the spinach finely
- Gradually beat the egg yolks into the chopped spinach and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry, then fold them gently into the spinach mixture.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 12 – 15 minutes, or until dry to the touch.
- Remove the tin from the oven and leave to cool.
- When cold, spread a tub of salmon cream cheese over the roulade and place strips of smoked salmon on top of the cheese.
- Gently roll it up like a swiss roll and place in the refrigerator to set
- Serve slices of roulade with freshly baked croissants.