The ultimate lamb soup to keep you warm this winter. Be sure to try this winner!
500 g Boneless, cubed lamb (I use deboned leg of lamb)
45 ml Olive Oil
2 Small onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ml grated fresh ginger
10 ml ground cumin
10 ml paprika
1 bay leaf
50 ml tomato paste
1 litre chicken or beef stock
2 tins chickpeas, drained
100 ml chopped fresh coriander
50 ml chopped flat leaf parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to saucepan and sauté the onions, garlic & ginger
- Add the meat and stir-fry for a few minutes
- Add the cumin, paprika, and bay leaf to the pan and cook until fragrant
- Add the tomato paste and cook another 2 minutes – stirring constantly – and add the stock.
- Add the drained chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, half of the coriander and the parsley.
- Simmer for +/- 2 hours until meat is tender, stir occasionally
- Season to taste and serve with rest of the fresh herbs